Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

I grew up watching Beauty and the Beast, and I loved that show.  I was just the right age to get into it; I thought it was the most romantic thing I'd ever seen!  So, when a friend mentioned the CW announced a remake as part of their new fall lineup, I was immediately filled with dread.  After all, this is the same channel that brought us such gems as Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girls, and Ringer.  Now I know they also put out decent shows - I did like the first few seasons of Smallville, and I have friends who love Supernatural and Hart of Dixie.  I just think I'm too old for their target audience.

Beauty and the Beast PosterSo I was already prejudiced about this particular venture of theirs.  And then I saw The Trailer  Seriously, click on the link, I'll wait.




Now, just how BAD was that?  I forced Joe to sit through it, mostly because I laughed so hard at it, that I thought he deserved to see it.  I think there is a possibility the show's plot will be salvagable, but Kristen Kreuk's particular "acting talents" give the actress who plays Bella from the Twilight movies a run for her money.  It is just bad bad bad.  *shakes head sadly*

No comments:

Post a Comment