Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Carol Lynne

I can remember the first time I discovered Carol Lynne.  At the time, she was publishing on what was then Ellora's Cave, now Ravenous Romance.  Before that, I'd never read a poly/multiple partner's book, so it was a revelation to me.  I didn't know it was a whole genre, which means it was 4 years or so ago. At the time I just thought "Wow! An author who writes for my life!"  I devoured everything she wrote on that site, and I've followed her to others since then.

The first series I read was called Men in Love.  It was the first time I read about a loving relationship between multiple partners.  Later in the series, an even larger family is created between the characters of a couple different books.  Finally, a romance novel I could read that didn't make me crazy!

 Romance novels are my brain candy, and like other things in my life, I indulge frequently.  So anytime I read something where the main drama was whether the heroine would choose hero A or hero B just made me frustrated.  In my life, unless the heroes had a problem with it, there wouldn't need to be this decision.  She could have her cake and eat it, too!

And this is what Ms. Lynne did for me.  She opened a whole new world of loving relationships of all different formations.  Later series include Cattle Valley, which is about an entire town of kinky, mostly gay, happy folk.  And who doesn't love cowboy p0rn?

Her latest is an exploration of the seasons of a relationship, called Season of Love.  The series followed two men from the beginning of  their relationship in Spring, through their whole lives until Winter comes, and with it the end of everything.  I really enjoyed it because I often wonder what happens next in these stories, and also because it felt like it gave me a glimpse of my future with my husbands, as we get old.

Ms. Lynne will forever be one of those authors that as soon as they announce their new books, I'm right there purchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment